FAIRFIELD CITY SCHOOLS LATCHKEY INFORMATION
***2023-2024 Latchkey Program UPDATE***
If you have a question about your application status, please contact your school's team leader via email.
Before and After School Care
The mission of the Fairfield City School District Latchkey program is to provide experiences that will foster the social, emotional, and intellectual growth of each child. Latchkey offers before and after-school child care for students enrolled in Fairfield City Schools, grades K-5. *Kindergarten Latchkey is only offered prior to the start of AM kindergarten and at the end of PM kindergarten; kindergarten students cannot enroll in both AM & PM Latchkey.
Registrations will be accepted for those children eligible in the order received until the maximum number of spaces allowable by ODE guidelines are filled. Children will attend Latchkey within the school they attend.
Please note: Enrollment in Latchkey for previous years DOES NOT guarantee a spot will be available for your child the next year; you must reapply each year for Latchkey services. Additionally, enrollment in school year Latchkey DOES NOT guarantee a spot for Summer Latchkey.
Latchkey Fees & Payments
- One-time, non-refundable enrollment fee: $40 per child payable via PaySchools Central, https://www.payschoolscentral.com/ under "Optional Fees." The enrollment fee must be paid before a child starts the program.
- Session cost: $10 per child, per session payable via PaySchools. A three-session minimum is required.
North and East Latchkey
Team Leader - Susan Miner: 513-868-0460, [email protected]
Team Leader - Cindy Hassler: 513-829-0489, [email protected]
Latchkey Assistant - Jody Hensley - [email protected]
Team Leader - Cheryl Sandor: 513-887-0549, [email protected]
Latchkey Assistant - Carla Magers, [email protected]
Team Leader - Felicity Williams, [email protected]
Please note: Central Latchkey is hosted at Compass; parents will drop off and pick up at Compass. Central students will be bussed to school prior to the start of the school day and bused to Compass at the conclusion of the school day.
Latchkey Dates & Hours
- AM Session: 6:30 a.m. until school begins.
- PM session: Immediately following school dismissal until 6:00 p.m.
- The Latchkey Program follows the Fairfield City School District school year calendar and operates on days that school is in session.
- Bad weather/school delays or early release times: The program operates on the original schedule to meet the needs of adjusted school hours (open at 6:30 a.m., and children are released to Latchkey when early dismissal occurs, until 6:00 p.m.).
- The Latchkey Program does not operate on holidays, snow days, or any other day that school is not in session.
Activities within the Program
Activities offered during the Latchkey Program include but are not limited to crafts, physical activity including both inside and outside play, homework assistance, music, dramatic play, and more. Activities are designed with the Latchkey mission in mind to provide experiences that foster social, emotional, and intellectual growth. All children are encouraged to participate in activities to the level at which they feel comfortable.
All Latchkey Sites are licensed child care sites meeting the requirements of the Ohio Department of Education Child Care Licensing Division. All Latchkey staff are trained childcare professionals with current training in First Aid, CPR, Communicable Disease, and Child Abuse Recognition.