Staff and Student Training
We are committed to training all of our staff and our students on school safety plan. Below are some examples of the requirements we follow and the measures we have in place equip our staff and students with the necessary tools in the event of an emergency.
- Each building has established a safety team trained in administering first aid and certified in CPR.
- We have trained various staff members and continue to offering training to our staff in STOP THE BLEED, which provides our staff with basic techniques of bleeding control.
- All of the staff and been trained in: ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate), Fire and Tornado Response, AED and Basic CPR.
Annual Required Drills:
- Rapid Dismissals (Fire Drill): 9 per year
- Safety Drills (training that focus on dealing with an active aggressor): 3 Drills with students, 1 with staff
- Tornado Drills: 1 per month in April, May, June and July (if school is in session).
- Emergency Management Test (a formal training exercise of the schools safety plan): 1 per year.