Central Elementary Home
- Teachers will finalize their class lists on Tuesday, August 10th and an introductory letter will be
mailed home to each student. The teachers will also send a Remind message to their parents on
Friday, August 13th on how to access their Virtual Open House.
- Since Open House will be virtual, we want our families to have an opportunity to walk the halls
and check out the school. Central will be open for self-guided tours on Wednesday, August 11th
from 9:00 AM-11:00 AM and 1:00 PM-3:00 PM. Not all staff/teachers will be in the building this
day, but the office staff will be available to answer any questions.
- All paperwork will be collected digitally, and all communication will occur using information from
Final Forms. If you have not completed your Final Forms, please do so ASAP. The link to do so is
- Tuesday, August 17th is our first student day. Our school hours are 8:45-3:15 for grades 1st-5th.
Students may not be dropped off earlier than 8:30. All Final Forms must be complete prior to the
first day of school. This will help us know where each child goes at the end of the day and who
has permission to pick up students or what bus they will ride.
- The AM Kindergarten session is 8:45-11:25. The PM Kindergarten session is 12:35-3:15. During the
first 3 days of school, our kindergarteners will stagger their days to allow for a smaller more
comfortable environment for the students. Detailed information will be sent to you via Remind
on August 13th.
- We are pleased to announce that all school lunches will be free of charge this year. Students
have the option to pack and to purchases snacks.
o Fees are NOT waived unless you complete the Free and Reduced Lunch Application, the link
can be found in Final Forms and get approved.
- Let’s do our best to establish good habits from the start! Our most frequent issue is shoes with no
back strap. It is for the safety of students that we require shoes to be firmly attached to feet. Flipflops
and slides are not permitted. Our older students like to bring purses/mini backpacks/fanny
packs and they become a distraction. Please only bring them if it is necessary. Purses/mini
backpacks/fanny packs will need to be kept in their bookbags.
- Attendance is vital to education. If a student is going to be absent, we must be notified. Please
email Centralattendance@fairfieldcityschools.com to report any absences. This will count as a
- PTC Facebook Page- Fairfield Central Elementary PTC
- Twitter- @fcsdcentral
- Remind- text the number 81010 and write in the text @FACE
To Parents/Guardians & School Visitors:
In the interest of the safety and security of our students and staff, we ask that you be patient at the front entrances to our schools when we ask for your driver’s license or other identification. Our priority is to ensure safety for all. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
Welcome parents and students to Fairfield Central Elementary! The goal of our Parents and Teachers for Children (PTC) is to help support our school, teachers, staff and students. We do this by raising funds to purchase books, playground equipment, program supplies, and much, much more. Do you enjoy meeting new people and helping others? Then Central’s PTC Board is the place for you!
The PTC supports our school by volunteering our time to help, and coordinate, various activities such as school picture days, vision and hearing screenings, class & staff parties, the book fair, classroom helpers, spirit wear, and fundraisers.
We plan events and activities throughout the school year.
*We need Volunteer Board Members for next year*
You are your children’s most important role model.
Showing you value their education will teach them to value it as well.
Please contact a current board member if you have any questions about positions.
Contact information is located at:
Central is on Social Media!