Rob Beidelman, Instructional Specialist of Health, K-5
Heather Tash, Instructional Specialist of Health, 6-12
It is the intention of the Fairfield city School District that the National Health Standards and suitable CDC behavioral outcomes be integrated into the units of study as appropriate. Students will be provided with a variety of health experiences, which will enable them to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills that will build toward short and long-term healthy behavior choices.
Common assessments will be used to evaluate and measure student learning. Additional assessments can be utilized to determine what students know and are able to do. Assessment research suggests that it is best for teachers to use a combination of techniques.
General Assessment Recommendations:
- Teachers should consider and use a variety of assessment methods
- Assessment should be a continuous and integral component of the learning process
- Assessment should be appropriate for the student and should cover necessary knowledge and skills
- The curriculum and assessment should correlate directly with one another
- Assessment should encourage and enhance learning, not merely document the learning