January 13, 2021
Dear FCSD Families,
We received new guidance from the Butler County General Health District that reduces the distancing requirement for quarantines in classrooms and on school transportation. The new requirement is now from within 6 feet, to within 3 feet, as long as the following conditions are met:
- All students in question must be PROPERLY wearing their mask. They cannot be wearing them below their nose or as a chinstrap. If the student who was contagious was not properly wearing a mask, then all contacts regardless of setting must quarantine.
- Social distancing of at least 3 feet in the same classroom or bus. Students who are within three feet and properly wearing a mask must quarantine.
- Schools must keep track and continue to notify students’ families of an exposure.
- Students who are within 3-6 feet in a classroom or on a bus and properly wearing a mask may attend school. However, they would be quarantined for all other purposes, including athletics. This is what the health district would do for critical infrastructure; they may go to work but are in quarantine at all other times.
- Schools that cannot or will not abide by these conditions do not apply to the new guidelines.
- Schools must have documented COVID-19 prevention policies.
- Exposure can only have occurred in a classroom or school transport.
This new guidance does not change our handling of COVID-19 in other areas across the district, but we do believe the distance change in classrooms and on buses will reduce the number of quarantines.