WELCOME TO FAIRFIELD MIDDLE SCHOOL
1111 Nilles Road
Fairfield, OH 45014
Principal: Aileen Ernst
Assistant Principal: Damon Bullock
Assistant Principal: Elyse Parker
7:15 a.m. - 1:45 p.m.
6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (School Year)
6:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (Summer)
|BE A PROBLEM SOLVER
TRIBE stands for:
As a part of our character building program, students demonstrating respect, responsibility, and problem solving are presented with a TRIBE Ticket. TRIBE Tickets can be redeemed for activities, special events, money off the snack line/games/dances, and free popcorn Friday drawings! We are excited and proud to honor the students who show their very best day in and day out at FMS!
Attention Students and Parents!
A presentation about school expectations was shown at the beginning of the school year and discussed with students. It is included in the file list at the bottom of this page. Please take a moment to review and discuss these expectations with your child. Thank you for partnering with us in making your child's learning and social experiences at FMS positive ones!
Interested in receiving text messages or emails about important announcements/reminders from Fairfield Middle School?
Join "Remind," a one-way text message and email system. With Remind, all personal information remains completely confidential. We will never see your phone number, nor will you see ours. Visit remind.com to learn more!
To sign up, send a text to @fmsadmin1 to the number 81010. You can opt out of messages at any time by replying "unsubscribe @fmsadmin1"
Trouble using 81010? Try this Remind number instead: (513) 795-8638.
*Standard text and message rates will apply and are the sole responsibility of those who join.
To receive a text message via email, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. To unsubscribe, reply "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
Bus Departure Rules and Procedures
The following rules and procedures have been put into place in order to ensure the safety of our students and make sure the buses leave Fairfield Middle School on time. The buses need to leave the school by 1:53 p.m. daily in order to complete their routes and get to the elementary schools on time.
- When students are dismissed from school and enter the bus lot, they are expected to go immediately to their bus. Students are not permitted to stand around.
- Once the building has cleared out, the bus drivers will be signaled to blow their horns. At that point the students will have one minute to get onto their bus.
- When the minute has expired, the drivers will be signaled to shut their doors. Any student that is not on their bus when the doors are shut will not be permitted to ride the bus that day.
- Students who do not make it onto their bus will be given the opportunity to come into the building and make arrangements to find another way home.
- The students will have a grace period the first two weeks of school. Students who do not make it onto their bus the first two weeks will be permitted on, but given a warning by the bus driver. Students who do not make it to their bus after the two-week period will not be given a warning and will not be permitted to ride the bus on that day.
Fairfield Schools are using an automated phone calling system to advise parents if their child is absent from school. The call will be made for all absent students, unless a note or email has been received from the parent. Parents who call the school to advise their child will be absent will still receive the automated call, as a reminder to send a note regarding the absence when the child returns to school.You still should send in any doctor notes, funeral notices, etc. Please remember you only have seven (7) parent notes per year. So anytime you take your child to the doctor, please ask for a note and send it to the attendance office the day the student returns to school. Parents may also choose to call in to report student absences on the day of the absence and should send a note when the child returns. Please remember that you only have three days to send an absence note. These emails and notes are entered into Progress Book daily but there is a delay for these excuses to appear on the screen. The school district policy on student absences can be reviewed in the file listed at the bottom of this page.
Attendance email (to report a student absence):
Not a part of our email announcement mailing list? Contact us at 829-4433 we'll make sure that you get the daily announcements sent to the e-mail address of your choice. Please include your child's name and grade in the e-mail.
NATIONAL MIDDLE SCHOOL ASSOCIATION
Visit their website...