DISTRICT POLICY AGAINST SEXUAL DISCRIMINATION (INCLUDING SEXUAL HARASSMENT), AND DISCRIMINATION (INCLUDING HARASSMENT) BASED UPON RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, CITIZENSHIP STATUS, ECONOMIC STATUS, AGE, MILITARY STATUS, RELIGION AND DISABILITY
1. Everyone at the Fairfield City School District has a right to feel respected and safe. Consequently, we want you to know about our policy to prevent sexual discrimination (including harassment), and discrimination (including harassment) based upon race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, economic status, age, military status, religion and disability
2. A harasser may be a student or an adult. Harassment may include the following when related to sex, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, economic status, age, military status, religion or disability:
b. pulling on clothing
d. notes or cartoons
e. unwelcome touching of a person or clothing
f. offensive or graphic posters or book covers; or
g. violent acts
3. If any words or actions make you feel uncomfortable or fearful, you need to tell a teacher, counselor, the principal or the Human Rights officer.
4. You may also make a written report. It should be given to a teacher, counselor, the principal or the Human Rights officer.
5. We take seriously all reports of sexual harassment, and harassment based upon race, national origin, religion and disability, and will take appropriate action to investigate such claims, to eliminate that harassment, and to discipline any persons found to have engaged in such conduct.
6. The School District will also take action if anyone tries to intimidate you or take action to harm you because you made such a report.
7. This is a summary of this district's policy against sexual harassment, and harassment because of race, national origin, religion and disability. A complete copy of the policy is available at the office upon request.
SEXUAL HARASSMENT AND HARASSMENT BASED ON RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, CITIZENSHIP STATUS, ECONOMIC STATUS, AGE, MILITARY STATUS, RELIGION AND/OR DISABILITY ARE AGAINST THE LAW. DISCRIMINATION IS AGAINST THE LAW.
Human Rights Officer Marla Mays, Bullying and Harassment Specialist/Title IX Coordinator
Address: Fairfield City School District, 4641 Bach Lane, Fairfield, OH 45014
Telephone: (513) 829-6300; E-mail: [email protected]
Revised: July 20, 2017; November 16, 2020